UH Manoa student newspaper wins multiple national advertising awards
Ka Leo O Hawaiʻi, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s student-run newspaper, recently won 11 national advertising awards—including second best newspaper of the year for marketing and advertising programs—at the 42nd annual College Newspapers Business and Advertising Managers conference held in Austin, Texas.
More than 50 colleges and universities from across the country submitted over 700 entries to this year’s competition.
Other awards won by Ka Leo
- First place awards: Best New Group Promotion Concept (Aloha Nights) and Best Sales Promotion Materials
- Second place honors: Best Back to School/Orientation Guide (New Student Orientation Guide) and Best Multimedia Campaign
- Third place honors: Best Event Plan or Promotion (Ka Leo Arts Festival), Best Newspaper Marketing or Promotion Plan and Best Public Relations or Marketing Manager (Tianna Barbier)
- Fourth place awards: Best Designer (Roselle Julian), Best Sales Incentive Program and Best Sales Increase of a Special Issue (Games Book)
- Ka Leo advisor wins distinguished service award
- Ka Leo editor wins national award for cartoon
- UH Manoa student newspaper recognized with multiple honors
- UH Mānoa student newspaper wins Best of Show at national convention
- Ka Leo takes 2013 Pacemaker Awards
Category: Academic News