Hawaii EPSCoR’s important economic impact
The Hawaiʻi Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR) is helping protect Hawaiʻi’s environment and secure the state’s economic future.
The mission of EPSCoR is to assist the National Science Foundation in its statutory function “to strengthen research and education in science and engineering throughout the United States.”
EPSCoR is a part of the Hawaiʻi Innovation Initiative (HI2). The HI2 strategy is to build a $1 billion research enterprise in partnership with community government and business groups.
- Future Focus on technology and innovation
- $6.8 million in grants promote STEM jobs for Hawaiʻi
- XLR8UH: Turning research into viable products and businesses
- UH adopts interim policy on sex discrimination and gender-based violence
- UH campuses now provide all-gender restrooms