Summer Surf Celebration Film Fest at Windward CC
Windward Community College will host the first-ever Summer Surf Celebration Film Fest on Thursday, May 29, 5–9 p.m. featuring A Deeper Shade of Blue cultural surf film by Jack McCoy, Volcom’s latest film True to This, and an opening reception including a blessing for the Windward CC Hawaiʻi Ocean Education Academy.
The Summer Surf Celebration Film Fest will take place at Palikū Theatre on the Windward Community College campus with ample parking, and is free and open to the public.
- 5 p.m.—Reception and pūpū by Heʻeia Pier General Store and Deli in Palikū Theatre foyer with music by Gabe Jameson
- 5:30 p.m.—Blessing by Liko Hoe
- 6 p.m.—Theatre doors open
- 6:15 p.m.—Opening Remarks by Ian Akahi Masterson
- 6:30 p.m.—True to This (30 min.) and A Deeper Shade of Blue (90 min.)
This event is sponsored by the Office of Career and Community Education at Windward CC, New World Distribution, Volcom Stone, Chuck Boller (Hawaiʻi International Film Festival), Kūʻau Rescue, Quiksilver, Hawaiian Water Patrol and Heʻeia Pier General Store and Deli.
The Windward CC Hawaiʻi Ocean Education Academy provides education and training in ocean recreation and safety activities that benefit the visitor industries, as well as the ocean recreation communities in Hawaiʻi and beyond, by creating dynamic partnerships with community members and ocean industry organizations.
- Paliku Theatre lets down its hair with Rapunzel
- Windward students tackle modern day Metamorphoses
- Crossing the supernatural threshold in ʻŌʻōkala 100
- Holiday concerts at Palikū Theatre
- Greek mythological tale Metamorphoses takes the stage at Windward CC Palikū Theatre