Two-year tentative agreement reached for UH faculty
Gov. Neil Abercrombie, University of Hawaiʻi Interim President David Lassner, the UH Board of Regents and the University of Hawaiʻi Professional Assembly (UHPA) Board of Directors, have reached an agreement over the terms of a faculty contract that will succeed the current contract set to expire on June 30, 2015.
The UHPA Board of Directors unanimously voted in favor of ratifying the tentative agreement and recommend ratification by the faculty. An electronic ratification vote is being conducted among the nearly 4,000 Bargaining Unit 7 members across the 10 UH campuses statewide. Faculty have until August 25, the first day of the fall semester, to vote.
Highlights of the tentative agreement include an across-the-board 4 percent increase for all UH faculty and lecturers on July 1, 2015 and another across-the-board 4 percent increase the following year. It will also address minimum salaries and the increased employer contributions to the health insurance premiums provided through the Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund.
Read the full news release for more information.
- UH honors Senator Inouye's inspiring legacy
- UH Board of Regents advertises for presidential nominees/applicants
- UH Board of Regents sets public meetings with presidential finalists
- CAC presents finalists for interim appointments to the UH Board of Regents
- Proposed modest tuition increases to fund needed maintenance