UH campuses on Hawaii Island, Maui County to close due to anticipated storm
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College, along with its West Hawai‘i Education Center on Hawaiʻi Island will be closed all day on Thursday, August 7 and Friday, August 8 due to anticipated severe weather caused by Hurricanes Iselle and Julio.
UH Maui College and its Education Centers in Hana and Lahaina and on Molokaʻi and Lanaʻi will close at noon on Thursday, August 7 and all day Friday, August 8. Weekend operations will also be suspended.
The university continues to monitor the situation and will decide the status of its remaining campuses on Oʻahu and Kauaʻi on Thursday.
- Reduced operations during holiday break
- Accreditation team applauds UH efforts and more in the news
- Ethics violations prompt gift disclosure reminder
- Students encouraged to take 15 to Finish
- Governor releases $39 million for UH facility improvements