UH’s Oahu and Kauai campuses to close Friday in anticipation of severe weather
For the safety of students, faculty and staff, the University of Hawaiʻi is closing all campuses on Oʻahu and Kauaʻi on Friday, August 8, 2014 in anticipation of severe weather caused by Hurricane Iselle.
Currently Oʻahu, Kauaʻi County and Maui County are under tropical storm warnings. Hawaiʻi Island is under a hurricane warning.
UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi Community College, along with its West Hawaiʻi Education Center on Hawaiʻi Island are closed today, August 7th and Friday, August 8th due to potentially dangerous weather conditions.
UH Maui College and its Education Centers in Hana and Lahaina and on Molokaʻi and Lanaʻi will close at noon on today, August 7th and all day Friday, August 8th. Weekend operations will also be suspended.
- Reduced operations during winter break
- 2013 spring commencement schedule
- 2015 spring commencement ceremony schedule
- Statewide forums encourage community dialogue
- Regents approve undocumented immigrant policy