Free books for 15 to Finish freshman
Heads up incoming fall 2014 freshmen enrolled at the University of Hawaiʻi’s 10 campuses. You can get all of your textbooks for the fall 2015 semester for free!
All you have to do is think 15 to Finish. That’s 15 credits a semester.
Complete 30 credits by the end of your freshman year, maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average and you could be one of the randomly selected winners, like UH Mānoa sophomore Mitchell Moses. He was one of 19 UH students, one of four from Mānoa, to score free textbooks.
- UH News video: “UH Bookstore holds 15 to Finish promotion” – April 27, 2013
“I was stoked,” said Moses. “I was excited. I knew my books was going to cost a lot so I knew I was going to save a lot of money. ”
Moses, an architecture major, saved $720. Fellow winner, Rachel Blaire is majoring in civil engineering and UH Mānoa saved more than $500 on her textbooks.
“It was pretty exciting,” said Blaire. “I was really happy to find out my textbooks were paid for because this semester is supposed to be pretty hard with calculus and the start of all of my engineering classes. ”
Both will save even more money because they are on track to finish in four years.
“It’s tough but it is worth it because you’re graduating in four years,” said Moses. “You don’t have to go to summer school, you’re just in-and-out. Four years.”
“The first semester, I took 15 credits and I was comfortable with that,” added Blaire. “I actually enjoyed all of my classes.”
Research has found that students who take at least 15 credits a semester are more likely to do better in school.
“Do it, because it saves you a lot of money,” said Moses.
More on 15 to Finish on UH News
- Story: “UH’s 15 to Finish campaign featured in national webinar” – April 29, 2014
- Story: “UH graduation initiative on national stage” – April 11, 2013
- Video: “15 to Finish is a hit with students” – March 6, 2013
- Story: “More incoming freshmen on track to graduate on time” – October 10, 2012
- Video: “15 to Finish is key to timely graduation” – July 31, 2012
- Story: “Students encouraged to take 15 to Finish” – July 13, 2012
- UH Bookstore holds 15 to Finish promotion
- Students receive free textbooks as part of 15 to Finish initiative
- 15 to Finish is a hit with students
- UH System recognized for technology-based student retention programs
- President’s October highlights and updates