Hawaiʻi CC holds open houses for new online certificate programs
Hawaiʻi Island residents who want to quickly gain specialized education and increase their employability are invited to attend one of several informational events that Hawaiʻi Community College will be hosting this October.
The events will highlight Hawaiʻi CC’s new online, accelerated certificate programs designed to increase students’ skills while accommodating their schedules and locations. The classes are conducted using an online format or a mix of online classes with hands-on fieldwork.
Students will also receive support services that include tutoring, academic counseling, internships and job development and transcript evaluation/prior learning assesment (which allows adults to earn credit for work knowledge and experience).
Hawaiʻi CC will host open house events around the island to present the new certificate programs, answer questions and help with enrollment.
Open house schedule
- W.M. Keck Observatory: Tuesday, October 14, 5–6:45 p.m.
- Kohala High School cafeteria: Thursday, October 16, 5:30–7 p.m.
- North Hawaiʻi Education and Research Center: Tuesday, October 21, 5–7 p.m.
- Hawaiʻi CC cafeteria: Thursday, October 23, 5–7 p.m.
- Ainaloa Community Center: Friday, October 24, 5–7 p.m.
- West Hawaiʻi Civic Center: Tuesday, October 28, 5–7 p.m.
Open houses are on Hawaiʻi Island, but residents on other islands may also enroll. For more information, visit the Hawaiʻi CC Rural Hawaiʻi Grant website. Contact the Hawaiʻi CC Rural Hawaiʻi Grant office via email or by calling (808) 934-2800.
Category: Academic News
Sites That Link to this Post
- e-Learning Pundit | October 3, 2014 | October 27, 2014