Lassner supports governor’s Maunakea plan
A short time later, University of Hawaiʻi President David Lassner told reporters that the university “can and must do better.” He added that UH will have more information within the week.
UH Hilo Chancellor Donald Straney added that he shares Gov. Ige’s belief that “the activities of Native Hawaiians, and of our scientists, to seek knowledge and to explore our relationship with our cosmos and its creation can and should co-exist on the mountain” and he looks forward to working with all stakeholders to achieve this goal.
Lassner’s news conference
Governor’s news conference
- Stewardship by UH to protect Maunakea for future generations
- Thirty Meter Telescope update and background
- UH implementation plan for improved stewardship of Maunakea
- President’s February highlights and updates
- UH on track to meet its commitments to contain its imprint on Mauna Kea