$25k in student scholarships awarded by UH Bookstore System
For the first time, the University of Hawaiʻi Bookstores released $25,000 in scholarship funds to support students enrolled at any campus within the University of Hawaiʻi System.
The UH Bookstore Scholarship received more than 2,900 eligible applicants through UH System financial aid. Winners were selected at random and awarded $1,000 toward part-time tuition or $2,000 for full-time tuition at their UH campus.
“We want our students to have everything they need for college life and more,” said UH Bookstores Director Tricia Ejima. “With a UH Bookstore Scholarship, we can make the complete college experience more possible.”
In all, 13 students were selected to receive a 2015–16 UH Bookstore Scholarship:
- John Katzeman, UH Mānoa
- Eri Nomura, UH Mānoa
- Nadezna Ortega, UH Mānoa
- Zachary Price, UH Hilo
- Jayden-Rose Almeida, UH Maui College
- Mackenzie Evans, UH Maui College
- Deion James Agustin, UH West Oʻahu
- Riley Viernes, Hawaiʻi CC
- Lily Udaundo, Honolulu CC
- Sara Ng, Leeward CC
- Ming Fang, Kapiʻolani CC
- Rheif Callahan, Kauaʻi CC
- Michael Andrews, Windward CC
Eligible scholarship recipients must have had a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher and submitted a scholarship application through UH System financial aid by March 2, 2015.
For more details about UH scholarships and deadlines, visit www.hawaii.edu/finaid.
- UH Bookstores offer faculty and staff one-day Apple special pricing
- Students receive free textbooks as part of 15 to Finish initiative
- March 2017 anniversaries
- 2015 spring commencement ceremony schedule
- UH Bookstores seek student feedback on course materials
Category: Academic News