Instead of separating the ceremonies by undergraduate and advanced degrees, the two ceremonies will be split by colleges and schools.
The University of Hawaiʻi will be presenting its proposed tuition schedule for fall 2017 through spring 2020 to the community at open public meetings statewide from March 28 to May 5. The meetings will explain the rationale for the tuition proposal and what the increases will be used for and are intended to solicit feedback from students, faculty, staff and the general public.
After input is received and considered, a final recommendation will be presented to the UH Board of Regents at a public meeting for action in June 2016.
Students, the university community and the public are invited to present testimony (written and/or oral) on the university’s proposed tuition schedule at meetings held at the times and places listed below. Testimony can also be submitted by email to email@example.com.
- March 28, 2 p.m., Leeward Community College, Education Building, Room 201
- April 4, 1 p.m., UH Mānoa, Campus Center Ballroom
- April 5, 2 p.m., Windward Community College, Hale Kuhina, Room 115
- April 13, 2 p.m., Kapiʻolani Community College, ʻŌhiʻa 118
- April 14, 1 p.m., Honolulu Community College, Loui Conference Center, Building 2 Room 201
- April 18, 2 p.m., UH West Oʻahu, Campus Center Multipurpose Room C208
- April 12, 10 a.m., Hawaiʻi Community College–Pālamanui, Room A-102
- April 28, 12 p.m., Hawaiʻi Community College, Kaneikeao Conference Room, Building 379, Room 1
- April 28, 4 p.m., UH Hilo, Hoʻoulu Terrace, UCB 127
- April 29, 10 a.m., Kauaʻi Community College, Daniel K. Inouye Technology Building, Room 114
Via Hawaiʻi Interactive Television System (HITS)
- May 2, 10 a.m., UH Mānoa, Kuykendall Hall, Room 201
UH West Oʻahu, Library Room B-157
Honolulu CC, Building 7, Room 305
Kapiʻolani CC, Naio Building Room 207
Leeward CC, Learning Commons Room 108B
Windward CC, ʻAkoakoa Room 113A
UH Hilo, Media Services Room 359
Kauaʻi CC, Office of Continuing Education, Room 110A
UH Maui College, Kaʻaʻike Room 105 C/D
Molokaʻi Education Center, Room 103
Hana Education Center, Partition Room
Lahaina Education Center, Room 104
** Hawaiʻi CC, Hawaiʻi CC-Pālamanui, and Lanaʻi Education Center are unavailable for this request.
- May 5, 2 p.m., University of Hawaiʻi Maui College, Kaʻaʻike 105 B/C/D
Via Skybridge to Hāna, Lahaina, Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi Education Centers
The dates, times and locations of the meetings are subject to change. For the latest information, go to tuition website.
Tuition increase proposal and purpose
The university intends to use the proposed tuition increases to address deferred maintenance on the UH Mānoa and the UH community colleges and establish a reserve fund for the UH West Oʻahu and UH Hilo campuses.
The presentation to the Board of Regents and the current and proposed tuition schedule can also be found at the tuition website.