Art + Flea, the urban market, returns to the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa campus on Friday, April 15, 2–7 p.m. Art + Flea is an eclectic event featuring a carnival, fashion show, improv theater, food and an open arts studio.
Stretching from Legacy Pathway to the Campus Center Courtyard to the Art Department Building, the event is organized by UH Mānoa’s Student Media program with Art + Flea and the university’s Campus Center Board Activities Council (CCB AC).
Art + Flea is a trending urban market that has received an enthusiastic reception from the UH community. Art + Flea will bring 19 of its vendors (clothing, crafts, jewelry) to campus. This event will promote student involvement while engaging community collaboration. Students, faculty, staff and the public will be able to interact with the local art and business community.
CCB AC will hold a carnival-themed event with games and rides.
- The UH Mānoa fashion program publicizes its 50th year celebration and hold a rummage sale
- The UH Mānoa theatre department showcases its improv through mini performances
- Student entrepreneurs sell products from student-led businesses
- The UH Mānoa art program holds an Open Studio and feature local student artists through demonstrations
- Mānoa Admissions promotes its “Make Mānoa Yours” campaign
- Keiki from the Children’s Center and members of the Student Parents at Mānoa group participate in Art + Flea’s family-friendly activities
- Food will be offered by Mānoa Dining Services/Sodexo
- Domino’s will sponsor a pizza-eating competition
For more information, visit the UH Mānoa Student Life and Development website.