UH West Oʻahu welcomes new Chancellor Maenette Benham
University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu students, faculty, staff and administrators held a traditional ʻawa ceremony on January 3 for Maenette Benham to welcome her in her new role as chancellor. The event, Paʻa Ke Kahua, recognizes UH West Oʻahu’s perpetuation of Hawaiian language, history and culture.
UH President David Lassner, Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Jeffrey Moniz, UH West Oʻahu Director of Indigenous Studies Manulani Meyer and Associated Students of the UH West Oʻahu Vice President Haylie Culp each presented a gift to Chancellor Benham and welcomed her to the campus.
View more photos from the event at UH West Oʻahu’s Flickr site.
- UH West Oʻahu chancellor search begins
- Maenette Benham recommended to be next UH West Oʻahu chancellor
- Doris Ching appointed UH West Oahu interim chancellor
- UH West Oʻahu announces final candidates for chancellor
- UH Mānoa and West Oʻahu chancellor searches advance