UH West Oʻahu welcomes new Chancellor Maenette Benham
University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu students, faculty, staff and administrators held a traditional ʻawa ceremony on January 3 for Maenette Benham to welcome her in her new role as chancellor. The event, Paʻa Ke Kahua, recognizes UH West Oʻahu’s perpetuation of Hawaiian language, history and culture.
UH President David Lassner, Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Jeffrey Moniz, UH West Oʻahu Director of Indigenous Studies Manulani Meyer and Associated Students of the UH West Oʻahu Vice President Haylie Culp each presented a gift to Chancellor Benham and welcomed her to the campus.
View more photos from the event at UH West Oʻahu’s Flickr site.
- Board of Regents finalists for Hawaiʻi County selected
- UH West Oʻahu Chancellor Rockne Freitas announces retirement
- Kevin Ishida named UH West Oʻahu vice chancellor for administration
- UH West Oahu welcomes experienced leaders
- Jeffrey Moniz appointed West Oʻahu vice chancellor for academic affairs