250 UH sustainability courses offered for fall 2017
To provide students with the opportunity to study sustainability from a variety of perspectives and easily connect with faculty teaching sustainability courses, the University of Hawaiʻi has created the S-designation.
Similar to the way “WI” identifies a writing intensive course, “S” identifies a course that is sustainability-focused or sustainability-related. The S-designation is indicated in Banner comments, and some sustainability-focused courses will appear on transcripts.
Visit the UH sustainability website to access a full listing of S-designated courses offered across many UH campuses, and check out a selection of these courses below beginning with the three sustainability degree programs UH currently offers:
- Students around the world challenged to Make the Ala Wai Awesome
- New law sets net-zero energy goal for UH
- New UH sustainability policy aims for carbon neutrality by 2050
- Earth Day celebrations span the week
- Sustainability advocates gather for higher education summit
Category: Academic News