This gift will fund four full undergraduate engineering scholarships and one graduate urban and regional planning fellowship.
The University of Hawaiʻi Foundation in partnership with generous donors and UH partners, raised $77.6 million in fiscal year 2017 (July 1,2016–June, 30, 2017). These funds will directly impact students, faculty, research and programs on all 10 University of Hawaiʻi campuses.
“This year 29,180 gifts were made to support programs people are passionate about,” said Donna Vuchinich, president and CEO, UH Foundation. “Every day we have the privilege of hearing from students and faculty who share how private support is making a difference in their lives. From funding globally recognized research in critical areas that affect us all including cancer and our environment, to making a quality college education possible, donors are making a difference. We are most grateful to each and every donor for their vision and generosity. Mahalo!”
This fundraising success is thanks to donors including:
- Eddie and Elaine Flores, Jr. donated $1M to UH Mānoa Shidler College of Business
- Piʻianaiʻa family established an endowment at ʻImiloa to increase access for K–12 schoolchildren
- Coach Shoji’s friends and fans established the Coach Shoji Endowment
- Kalaeloa Partners Funded Scholarships at Leeward CC
- The Hawaiʻi Community Reinvestment Corporation established the HCRC Distinguished Professorship in Affordable Housing to help address the affordable housing crisis in Hawaiʻi.
- Hawaiʻi Dental Service supported smiles statewide.
- SSFM International, Inc. supported UH Mānoa College of Engineering and College of Social Sciences students.
- Robert M. and Alice K. Fujimoto Foundation supported students pursuing a degree at the UH Hilo College of Business and Economics.
- Representative Clifton Tsuji’s legacy of giving back to the Hawaiʻi Island community was honored through endowed scholarships for Hawaiʻi CC and UH Hilo students pursuing degrees in agriculture.
Find out how you can be a part of Hawaiʻi’s future by supporting the University of Hawaiʻi.