A new distance education option for a University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa bachelor of social work (BSW) degree will launch in fall 2018, providing increased accessibility for students statewide to pursue the degree. Developed by the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work in partnership with Outreach College, the online degree is designed for eligible students who have completed the General Education Core Requirements and
Courses are offered in a five-week, asynchronous format that allows for flexibility and busy schedules. Students take the online courses sequentially as a cohort, and practice real world skills under the supervision of social work professionals in community agencies.
Students and community members are invited to attend informational sessions regarding the online bachelor of social work option. Program pending WASCapproval
- UH Maui College, September, 20, 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m., Transfer and College Fair, Ka Lama Building
- Outreach College on Maui, September, 20, 2–3 p.m., hosted session in HITS (for Molokaʻi, Lānaʻi, Hāna and Lahaina)
- Hawaiʻi Community College Manono Campus (Hilo), October 3, noon–1 p.m., Building 379A, Room 6B
- Hawaiʻi Community College–Pālamanui (Kona), October 3, 5:30–6:30 p.m., Koali 101.
- Kauaʻi Community College, October 6, noon–1 p.m., Learning Resource Center, LRC-124B.
For more information, contact the Myron B. Thompson School of Social Work at (808) 956-9470 or email@example.com.