UH Manoa celebrates 2008 HomecomingUniversity of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa celebrates the start of its second century with a full slate of Homecoming 2008 activities. Highlights are a Bachman Hall lawn celebration on Friday evening, Oct. 10, and an open-to-all Homecoming Football Tailgate party the next day at Aloha Stadium before the Warriors take on Louisiana Tech.
· Fri., Oct.10, UH Mānoa Homecoming Celebration at Bachman Hall lawn, 3:30-6:30 p.m. Live music, food, games and more! Event is free and open to UHM students and alumni. http://manoa.hawaii.edu/chancellor/pdf/flyer.pdf (PDF)
· Immediately following the Celebration is the Rainbow Wahine Volleyball match vs. Louisiana Tech, 7 p.m. at the Stan Sheriff Center.
UHAA Alumni Nights — UHAA members will receive special "Alumni Night" discount of 50% off ticket prices to the Homecoming football and volleyball games. A valid UHAA membership card is required when purchasing tickets at the Stan Sheriff Center or the Aloha Stadium box offices. Tickets are in special sections and supplies are limited. Other restrictions may apply. https://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/UHF/events/UHF2210345.html
· Sat., Oct. 11, UH Alumni Association Homecoming Football Tailgate at Aloha Zone — Aloha Stadium parking lot, 3:30-5:30 p.m. UHAA, UH Letterwinners Club and UH Alumni Football Players team up for pre-game fun with live entertainment, good food and great company. Warrior fans can buy logo items from Rainbowtique. Free and open to the public. Food and drinks available for purchase. Information: Teri Fukuhara at (808) 956-2389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Followed by Warrior Football vs. Louisiana Tech at 6:05 p.m.
For information on any of the other events being held in celebration of Homecoming 2008 go to: manoa.hawaii.edu/homecoming
· Thurs., Oct. 2, 5-9 p.m. Hall of Honor Awards Banquet sponsored by Shidler College of Business, Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort & Spa, Coral Ballroom.
· Fri., Oct. 3, 5:30-9 p.m. All Class Reunion, William S. Richardson School of Law, Hale Koa Hotel.
· Sat., Oct. 4, all day, 35th Anniversary Homecoming Celebration, William S. Richardson School of Law, Law School and Andrews Outdoor Theatre.
· Tues., Oct. 7, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Centennial Homecoming Celebration by the College of Engineering at the Stan Sheriff Center featuring an evening of great food by Hawaiʻi‘s premier chefs and restaurants, live entertainment.
· Wed., Oct. 8, 3rd Annual UHAA Homecoming Golf Tournament, Hawaii Prince Golf Course, starting at 11:45 a.m., hosted by the UH Army ROTC Alumni Association chapter, this 3-person scramble event pays tribute to all UH alumni in the military and will include a short program to recognize six UH ROTC graduates who died in combat. Tournament proceeds benefit UHAA Endowed Scholarship Fund and UH ROTC program.
· Fri., Oct. 10, 3:30-6:30 p.m., Back to Business at Shidler College of Business features two lectures and a networking reception with Shidler alumni.
· Sun., Oct. 12, Rainbow Wahine Volleyball vs. New Mexico State, 5 p.m., Stan Sheriff Center.
Writing with Thread: Traditional Textiles of Southwest Chinese Minorities, Sept. 21-Nov. 30. This exhibit in UH Mānoa‘s Art Gallery celebrates the diverse and splendidly woven and embroidered handicrafts of Southwest China‘s diverse ethnic groups with over 300 of the finest and historically significant objects on loan from Taiwan-based collector Huang Ying-Feng. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
Homecoming Memories. This exhibit at Sinclair Library features photographs and memorabilia of past homecoming events. The exhibit is free and open to the public.
For more information on UHM Homecoming activities, visit manoa.hawaii.edu/homecoming.
For more information, visit: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/homecoming