UH Law School Dean Search UnderwayUniversity of Hawaiʻi
External Affairs & University Relations
Kristen Cabral, (808) 956-5039
Public Information Officer
Members of the search committee for the dean‘s position at the William S. Richardson School of Law have been appointed. Dean Lawrence Foster announced earlier this year that he would be returning to the faculty to resume his teaching position following 15 years in administrative positions at the law school.
Search committee chair is Beadie Kanahele Dawson, chief executive officer, Dawson Group, Inc., and chair of the Friends of the Law School board.
"Our Committee is most grateful to Dean Foster for successfully elevating the Law School to new heights during his Deanship," Dawson said. "We are now recognized as one of the best law schools in the country, with our environmental law program considered to be in the top 20 and with our moot court teams consistently winning national championships.
"I expect our committee to find and secure the best possible qualified candidates who will take the William S. Richardson School of Law to an even higher level," she added. "We welcome communication from all who are interested and wish to comment."
Besides Chair Dawson, committee members are:
· Denise Antolini, assistant professor, School of Law, and faculty senate representative
· Della Au Belatti, president of the Student Bar Association
· John L. Barkai, professor, School of Law
· Frank Boas, Friends of the Law School
· Danielle M. Conway-Jones, assistant professor, School of Law
· Michael Gibson, president, Hawaii Bar Association
· Chris K. Iijima, associate professor and director, Pre-admission Program, School of Law
· Barry Kurren, U.S. Magistrate Judge
· Joy Kobashigawa Lewis, Secretary, Outreach College and Clerical Council representative
· Tara McKenzie, president/CEO, Alu Like
· Carolyn Oshiro, president, Law School Alumni Association and attorney, Char Sakamoto Ishii Lum & Ching
· Jeffrey Portnoy, attorney, Cades Schutte Fleming & Wright
· Lorna Ramiscal, educational specialist and APT representative
· Randall Roth, professor, School of Law
· Laurie A. Tochiki, assistant dean for student affairs, School of Law
· Eric Yamamoto, professor, School of Law.
The dean‘s position is being advertised, with a first screening deadline of Friday, September 13, 2002. Those wishing to send communications to the search committee may address them to Law School Dean Search Committee, attn: Joanne Clark, 2442 Campus Road, Admin Services Bldg 1, Room 101, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, 96822, or e-mail email@example.com.