Search Begins for Dean of UH School of Nursing & Dental HygieneUniversity of Hawaiʻi
External Affairs & University Relations
Kristen Cabral, (808) 956-5039
Public Information Officer
Members of the search committee for the dean of the UH Mānoa School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene (SONDH) have been appointed. The committee is chaired by Kem Lowry, professor of urban and regional planning at UH Mānoa. The new dean will be a successor to Rosanne Harrigan, who now chairs the Department of Complementary and Alternative Medicine at the UH medical school.
"The committee will be looking for candidates who can build on the progress the School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene has made in the past several years under Dean Harrigan," Lowry said.
"The university‘s nursing and dental hygiene school plays a vital role in our community to prepare graduates for rapidly developing technologies and changing roles in the health care system," he added. "We welcome comments and suggestions from the community as our search continues."
Besides chair Lowry, committee members are:
· Patricia Lanoie Blanchette, Professor, Geriatric Medicine Program/Public Health, John A. Burns School of Medicine
· Wynetta Carl-Matsuura, Nursing Doctoral Candidate
· Mark Greer, Chief, Dental Health Division, State of Hawaiʻi Department of Health
· Jillian Inouye, Professor and Graduate Chair, SONDH
· Jane Kadohiro, Assistant Professor, SONDH
· Christi Keliipio, Director, Hawaiʻi Nurses Association
· William J. King, UH Mānoa Information Technology Specialist and support staff representative
· Carolyn K. Kuba, Instructor/Chair, Dental Hygiene, SONDH
· Laura Mallery-Sayre, President, Hawaiʻi Dental Hygienist Association
· Lois Magnussen, Associate Professor and Director, Student Services, SONDH
· Geri Marullo, President/CEO, Child and Family Service
· Joan K. Matsukawa, Associate Professor, Nursing, SONDH
· Richard Meiers, President/CEO, Healthcare Association of Hawaiʻi and member, SONDH Advisory Board
· Mary Oneha, Director of Case Management/Utilization, Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center
· Janice Shoultz, Associate Professor, SONDH
· Virginia M. Tanji, Librarian, John A. Burns School of Medicine and Faculty Senate Representative
The dean‘s position is being advertised, with a first screening deadline of Friday, September 13, 2002. Those wishing to send communications to the search committee may address them to Search Committee, Dean of Nursing and Dental Hygiene, attn: Joanne Clark, 2442 Campus Road, Admin Services Bldg 1, Room 101, Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, 96822, or e-mail email@example.com.