News@UH

University of Hawaii System newsletter

Staffing Changes

Posted on | September 25, 2009 | Comments Off

From left, Andrew Hashimoto, Casey Jarman and Hazel Beh

Mānoa’s College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources’ Dean Andrew Hashimoto steps down, and new appointments for William S. Richardson School of Law Professors Casey Jarman and Hazel Beh.

Hashimoto will return to the faculty on or before June 2010. He cited his original plan, on taking the post nine years ago, to serve up to a decade as CTAHR dean. “I am not sure if there ever is the perfect time to change positions,” he says, “but increasing family needs require that I have more flexibility and control over my time and schedule than I currently have as dean.” Read more.

Jarman has been appointed as the new associate dean for academic affairs for the William S. Richardson School of Law. She will be a key liaison between the faculty and the rest of the law school community, and she also will assist in academic planning and administration. Read more.

Beh has been appointed as the first director of its new Health Law Policy Center. The center will focus on law and policy research and education aimed at improving health and well-being in Hawai‘i. Read more.

Comments