Posted on | November 24, 2010 | Comments Off on UH Happenings This Week
Mānoa, Windward and Hilo’s music departments present several student concerts.
• Nov. 29—UH Wind Symphony and Symphonic Wind Ensemble’s Winter Concert, McKinley High School Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
• Nov. 30—UH Chamber Music Ensembles, Orvis Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
• Dec. 1—Hawaiian Hula, Chant and Song, Orvis Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
• Dec. 5—Pau Hana Concert, Orvis Auditorium, 3 p.m.
More Mānoa performances (808) 956-8742
• Dec. 2—Music in the Air, the first-ever live music performance showcasing the students of Ron Loo (classical guitar), So Jin Kimura (piano) and Gloria Faltstrom (voice and chorus), Palikū Theatre, 7:30 p.m., (808) 236-9130
• Dec. 2—Hilo student musicians showcase their talent in the UH Hilo Instrumental Ensemble Fall Concert, Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m., (808) 974-7310
Nov. 29—The History and Walking Tour of Lower Kapālama, Honolulu, Building 2-201, 11:30 a.m., (808) 843-7878
Nov. 23—The East Asian Film Society presents The Quiet Family, Mānoa, Sinclair Library Viewing Room, 5:30 p.m., (347) 746-7749
Dec. 2—A Conversation with Marsha Posner Williams, a multiple Primetime Emmy and Golden Globe Awards winning producer, Mānoa, Architecture 101A, 1:30 p.m., (808) 956-0753
Dec. 2—Mānoa’s Paul Rausch presents Subtitle it! Increasing Access to Southeast Asian Cinema Resources, Mānoa, Hamilton Library Room 301, 1:30 p.m., (808) 956-0753
Dec. 4—Maui’s Christmas Plant and Ceramics Sale, Maui, Great Lawn, 9 a.m., (808) 984-3243
Go to the UH calendar for more events.