News@UH

University of Hawaii System newsletter

Vietnam MBA Program and Director Recognized

Posted on | September 23, 2011 | Comments Off

Mānoa’s Shidler College of Business received a $30,000 gift from the Imaging and Printing Group at Hewlett Packard Vietnam for the Vietnam Executive MBA program. Tung Bui, the program’s faculty director, received an honorable merit award from the Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training.

HP Vietnam selected Shidler’s Vietnam Executive MBA program for its ability to provide a quality business education and executive training for business and government leaders in Vietnam. The gift will be used to fund scholarships for students participating in the program.

Bui received the award for his contributions to education. “I am honored to be recognized for my educational work in Vietnam,” says Bui. “I would like to thank and share this tribute with all of my colleagues and students whom I had the opportunity to work with for over 17 years. It is with their help and trust that I was able to share my knowledge and realize my vision that education is the best long-term solution to alleviate poverty and to ensure prosperity for Vietnam.”

Read the news release.

Comments