Native Hawaiian Student Pathway to Medicine (NHSPM) is a program under the Native Hawaiian Center of Excellence that provides support to Native Hawaiian pre-medical students who demonstrate potential to be competitive medical school applicants. Up to 20 students per cohort participate in the program at either UH Manoa or UH Hilo. Students participate in monthly workshops over a 6-month period and can receive individual advising up to 2 years after completion of the program.
NHSPM PROGRAM COMPONENTS:
• Kaplan Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) Prep Course
• Workshop Series (Includes interview skills and learning strategies)
• Individualized Advising/Career Counseling
NHSPM PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY:
• Preference given to Native Hawaiian applicants
• Pre-med Student applying to JABSOM with the goal of entering medical school within the next 2 years
• College Juniors or Seniors (in the UH system) or College Graduates from any institution (with Bachelor’s degree or higher) are welcome to apply
• Completed most of the pre-requisite subjects for the MCAT (2 semesters per subject with lab): Biology, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Any updates on future applications for the Native Hawaiian Student Pathway to Medicine will be posted on the NHCOE Website.
FOR NHSPM INFO: Please contact Dr. Sasha Fernandes via email at email@example.com