Freshmen Orientation - Summer 2014
The Freshmen Orientation Program is recommended for first-time college students (freshman). The program has been designed to prepare recent high school graduates for their first semester and provide them with the direction and resources that will support them throughout their first year at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
At NSO, participants will be able to:
- Meet with academic advisors to learn more about program and degree requirements and how to prepare for registration
- Be able to register for their classes before many of their peers via a priority registration PIN number*
- Receive assistance from a team of highly trained and experienced current UHM student orientation leaders
- Get acquainted with other new students
- Learn about opportunities to become involved on campus
- Sharpen their decision-making skills so their first year is safe and smart
- Interact with representatives from across campus at the Resource Fair
- Tour the campus with your leader who can tell you the in's and out's of the campus culture
- Have lots of fun!
Note: students who register and pay for NSO by August 1st are guaranteed to receive a priority registration pin number. However, given the high number of reservations, those who submit and complete the registration process after this date may not be guaranteed a PIN number given the proximity to the actual early registration dates.
For parents who would like to attend, please visit the Parent Pages for more information about the Parent Orientation Program.
If you have questions, please contact the New Student Programs directly at:
Telephone: (808) 956-3667 * Toll Free: (888) 700-5420
Fax: (808) 956-4810