The Freshmen Orientation Program is recommended for first-time college students (freshmen). The program has been designed to prepare recent high school graduates for their first semester and provide them with the direction and resources that will support them throughout their first year at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa.
At NSO, participants will be able to:
- Meet with academic advisors to learn more about program and degree requirements and how to prepare for registration
- Be able to register for their classes before many of their peers via a priority registration PIN number
- Receive assistance from a team of highly trained and experienced current UHM student orientation leaders
- Get acquainted with other new students
- Learn about opportunities to become involved on campus
- Sharpen their decision-making skills so their first year is safe and smart
- Interact with representatives from across campus at the Resource Fair
- Tour the campus with their leader who can tell them the in's and out's of the campus culture
- Have lots of fun!
For parents who would like to attend, please visit the Parent Page for more information about the Parent and Family Orientation Program.
If you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation directly at:
Telephone: (808) 956-3667 * Toll Free: (888) 700-5420
Fax: (808) 956-4810