Parent & Family Program - Spring 2014
The New Student Orientation, Parent & Family program is designed to provide family members of incoming students with information about the University of Hawai´i at Mānoa campus, its resources and policies. The NSO staff believes that parents are critical to a student's success at UHM, providing support and encouragement to their college students during this important transition into University of Hawai´i at Mānoa.
At NSO, participating parents and families will be able to:
- Talk to representatives from academic and campus life programs as well as those representing student support services
- Interact with current UHM students who will also share their perspectives on campus life, programs, and opportunities available to students
- Discuss important issues about the next phase of the relationship they have with their student and look at ways to support each other during their first-year of college or transition to a new institution
- Visit the Resource Fair
- Tour the Mānoa Campus
- Receive breakfast and lunch
- Meet parents of other incoming freshmen or transfer students
If you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation directly at:
Telephone: (808) 956-3667 * Toll Free: (888) 700-5420
Fax: (808) 956-4810
The NSO Staff looks forward to welcoming you and your student to the UHM campus!