Parent Program - Spring 2015
The New Student Orientation Parent Program is designed to provide parents and family members of incoming students, with information about the University of Hawai'i at Manoa campus, including information about available resources and degree requirements. The NSO staff believes that parents and family members are vital to the success of all UHM students as they are the ones to provide support and encouragement to their students directly and often. The goal of the Parent Program is to provide parents and family members with a strong sense of what students will face from the moment they step foot on campus and how to support them during this important transition point in their lives.
At the NSO parent program, attendees will be able to:
- Talk to representatives from academic and campus life programs and student support services
- Hear about services, programs, and opportunities available to students from current UHM students
- Be able to talk-through and discuss important issues that may come up during this next phase of the relationship between parents and students
- Learn about ways to support your daughter or son during their first-year of college or transition into UHM
- Visit the Resource Fair - a gathering of important university partners offering services that your student will utilize during their time at UHM
- Go on a guided tour of the campus
- Meet other parents and family members of other incoming freshmen or transfer students
If you have questions, please contact the New Student Programs directly at:
Telephone: (808) 956-3667 * Toll Free: (888) 700-5420
Fax: (808) 956-4810
The NSO Staff looks forward to welcoming you and your student to the UHM campus!