Parent & Family Program - Spring 2014
The New Student Orientation, Parent & Family program is designed to provide family members of incoming students, with information about the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa campus, its resources and policies. The NSO staff believes that parents are critical to a student's success at UHM, providing support and encouragement to their college students during this important transition into University of Hawai'i at Mānoa.
At NSO, participating parents and families will be able to:
- Talk to representatives from academic and campus life programs as well as those representing student support services
- Interact with current UHM students who will also share their perspectives on campus life, programs, and opportunities available to students
- Discuss important issues about the next phase of the relationship they have with their student and look at ways to support each other during their first-year of college or transition to a new institution
- Visit the Resource Fair
- Tour the Mānoa Campus
- Receive breakfast and lunch
- Meet parents of other incoming freshmen or transfer students
If you have questions, please contact New Student Orientation directly at:
Telephone: (808) 956-3667 * Toll Free: (888) 700-5420
Fax: (808) 956-4810
The NSO Staff looks forward to welcoming you and your student to the UHM campus!