Transportation & Directions
A taxi service is available outside the baggage claim area of the airport. Taxi fare to the University from Waikiki is about $20-30, excluding baggage charges and the gratuity tip of 10-15%.
Three major taxi companies on O'ahu are:
- The CAB ($25-$30)
- Local Phone: (808) 422-2222
- Charley's Taxi ($32)
- Local Phone: (808) 531-1333
- Toll Free: 1-877-531-2333
- City Taxi: ($25-$30)
- Local Phone: (808) 524-2121
- Roberts Hawaii Airport Shuttle ($15/person one way or $28/person round trip Airport-Waikiki)
- Local Phone: (808) 954-8652
- Toll Free: 1-866-898-2519
- Reliable Shuttle ($22 round trip, $12 one way)
- Local Phone: (808) 924-9292
- Toll Free: 1-888-924-9292
- 123 Hawaii Vacation & Tickets ($12-14)
- No phone numbers available.
O'ahu's bus system, dubbed "TheBus," offers island-wide service.
The cost is...
$2.50 for adults
$1.25 for youth
$1.00 for seniors with valid ID
$35 for a 4 day visitor's pass (unlimited bus usage)
- available at ABC stores in Waikiki and Ala Moana
1 (one) FREE transfer is given when requested
Exact change recommended because no change is given. TheBus is wheelchair accessible. People carrying large suitcases or large baggage are not allowed on TheBus.
Route and Schedule Information
- Local Phone: (808) 848-5555
- Website: http://www.thebus.org
*Bus #4 is bound for the University from Waikiki*
You can try any one of these large rental agencies serving O'ahu:
- Local Phone: (808) 834-5536
- Toll Free: 1-800-331-1212
- Local Phone: (808) 836-1700 (airport counter)
- Toll Free: 1-800-527-0700
- Local Phone: (866) 434-2226
- Toll Free: 1-800-800-3665
- Local Phone: (808) 529-6800
- Toll Free: 1-800-654-3131
- Local Phone: (808) 831-3800 ext. LOCAL (56225)
- Toll Free: 1-800-CAR RENT (1-800- 227-7368)
- Local Phone: (808)833-4585 ext. LOCAL (56225)
- Toll Free: 1-800 GO ALAMO (1-800-462-5266)
- Local Phone: (808) 591-1449
- Local Phone: (808) 971-2660
- Toll Free: 1-800-847-4389
From Honolulu International Airport:
- Join H-1 (Lunalilo Freeway) EASTBOUND from Airport
- Continue on H-1 approximately 7 miles
- Take Exit 24B - University Avenue
- Go NORTH on University Avenue one block to the Dole Street intersection and the entrance to the campus.
From Waikiki (e.g., hotels on Kalakaua Ave. or Kuhio Ave.):
- Go NORTH on a side street and turn LEFT (WEST) onto Ala Wai Boulevard.
- Continue WEST and turn RIGHT (NORTH) onto McCully Street
- Cross over the Ala Wai Canal, then turn RIGHT (EAST) onto Kapiolani Boulevard.
- Travel approximately 0.4 miles then turn LEFT (NORTH) onto University Avenue.
- Travel along University Avenue approximately 0.7 miles to the Dole Street intersection.
From Eastern Oahu:
- Join H-1 WESTBOUND.
- Take Exit 24B - University Avenue.
- Go NORTH on University Avenue one block to the Dole Street intersection.
You can also visit these sites for more directions
- Driving Directions - www.mapquest.com
- National Map - maps.google.com
- UHM Campus - http://www.hawaii.edu/campusmap/
Parking at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Visitor's parking is available at:
- Parking Structure ($5 upon entry): Turn right on Dole Street and take the next right to Lower Campus.
- Visitor parking in Upper Campus is based on a rate of $4 per hour and $16 for the entire day. Please click here for more information.
Note About Parking
Visitor parking is very scarce around the UH Manoa campus during the semester. To better your chances of finding parking in the Parking Structure, arrive early before 8:00am.
University of Hawai'i at Manoa Campus Map
Printable color maps are available in two versions