Materials for meetings and events convened by the Office of STEM Education can be found here.
System Grants Facilitation
The UH Office of STEM Education actively searches and applies for funding to maintain and cultivate OSE activities. Numerous grant solicitations require institutional partnerships and intricate collaboration with industry and government. OSE facilitates and promotes these relationships. Examples have included the facilitation of the NSF EPSCoR, LSAMP, TCUP (engineering and Geosciences) and the NASA CAN STEM Education proposals.
SEARCh (STEM Education Assets and Resources Clearinghouse for Hawai‘i)
The University of Hawai‘i System Office (UH) is planning a new initiative to identify, record and publish an inventory of projects, personnel and assets related to STEM education in Hawai‘i. The purpose of this initiative is to:
- Gain a better understanding of the programs available to STEM students in Hawai‘i.
- Identify key personnel who are leading efforts in STEM education in Hawai‘i.
- Identify opportunities for more synergy within and between STEM-education projects.
- Identify project overlaps and reduce competitiveness for students and resources.
- More accurately report the effort and emphasis that Hawai‘i has placed on STEM education to internal and external audiences.