University of Hawaii Status of Accreditation
All ten campuses of the university system are separately and regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
a. The UH Community Colleges are accredited by the WASC Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC).
b. UH Manoa, UH Hilo, UH West Oahu and Maui College are accredited by the WASC Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
Regional accreditation means that, as the result of an external review process, the university is judged to be fulfilling its stated purposes and can be expected to continue to do so. Students and the public can be assured that University of Hawaii campuses have met standards of quality across the entire range of institutional activities. Regional accreditation is a basic criterion whereby U.S. higher education institutions accept transfer credit.
WASC Special Visits to the UH System Office
Although the UH System Office is not accredited like a campus or a program, the WASC Senior Commission periodically conducts an UH System Office review in the form of a special visit. The purpose is to shed light on system and campus issues arising in campus accreditation and to enable more effective reviews of each of the campuses.
• UH Response to the July 2013 WASC Commission Action Letter, September 2013
• WASC Commission Action Letter, Revised July 10, 2013
• UH Response to the March 2013 WASC Commission Action Letter, March 2013
• WASC Commission Action Letter, March 2013
• UH Response to Report of the WASC Special Visit Team, September 2012
• Report of the WASC Special Visit Team, September 2012
• UH Response to WASC Follow-Up Questions, September 2012
- Response to Follow-Up Questions, September 2012
- HGI 4-Point Completion Plan (link)
- Campus Scorecards
- Financial Aid
- Executive Policy E2.215 Institutional Data Governance
- Revisions to Fiscal Biennium 2013-15 Budget Development Process
- Tuition Schedule
- Tuition and Fee Revenue Projections
WASC Commission Action Letter, July 2007
Report of the WASC Special Team, May 2007
UH System Office Progress Report, February 2007