Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics
(Bylaws of Board of Regents, Article II, Section D)
- Serve as a liaison between the Board and the respective campuses and their athletic departments.
- Advise the Board regarding its responsibility to oversee:
- the health, safety and academic progress of student-athletes;
- fiscal integrity and budgetary concerns;
- compliance with NCAA and conference requirements; and
- any event or situation that may draw unusual public interest to the athletics program, a particular team, student athlete, or department employee.
- Review annual reports on the academic standing and progress of student athletes, including, but not limited to, the Academic Progress Rate report.
- Recommend policies governing all aspects of Intercollegiate Athletics at the University.
- Benjamin Kudo, Chair
- Tom Shigemoto, Vice Chair
- Barry Mizuno
- Saedene Ota
- Jeffery Portnoy
- Jeffrey Acido