Functions of the Committees of the Board
(Bylaws of Board of Regents PDF, Article II, Section D)
- To facilitate consideration of policy matters that must be approved by the Board, eight Standing Committees are established. Authority to act on all matters is reserved for the Board, and the functions of each Committee shall be to consider and make recommendations to the Board.
- The following are the Standing Committees of the Board and their functions:
- Appointment of Committee Members. The chairperson and members of each standing committee shall be appointed by the Chairperson and shall serve for one year or until the appointment of their successors. The Chairperson shall be an ex-officio, voting member of all standing committees in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order. The President, as chief executive officer of the University, shall assign a member of the University administrative staff to each standing committee who shall be the administrative liaison with the chairperson of the committee.
- Meetings. Each standing committee shall schedule meetings as appropriate. The Committee on Community Colleges meetings shall be held at the various community college campuses.
- Referrals to Committees. Each standing committee shall consider all matters referred to it by the Chairperson and shall make appropriate recommendations within a reasonable time to the Board.
- Progress Reports. Each standing committee shall make progress reports to the Board periodically or when requested by the Chairperson.
- Task Groups. Task groups may be established by the Chairperson upon authorization by the Board with such powers and duties as determined by the Board. The tenure of a specific task group shall expire at the completion of its assigned task.