What We Do
The government relations team monitors legislation that has a potential impact upon the university, responds to constituent inquiries and collaborates with other UH campuses and the community to build support for the university.
At the conclusion of each regular legislative session, the Government Relations Office produces a legislative summary of pertinent information passed out of the legislature each session.
Contact us for assistance on proclamations and/or special messages from Hawaiʻi elected officials.
Federal Emergency Relief Funds
UH has provided information regarding the use of the Federal Emergency Relief Funds.
- December 20, 2021— UH budget looks forward, seeks restoration as Legislative session nears
- July 13, 2021— Update on 2021 special legislative session
- May 6, 2021— 2021 legislative recap: UHʻs overall budget cut by 10%
- April 15, 2021— 2021 legislative update, including proposed budget cuts
- December 22, 2020— Breakdown of UH budget proposed by governor
- July 13, 2020— UH legislative update as session adjourns during COVID-19 pandemic
Leadership and Staff
- Laura Chun, Government Relations Specialist
- Robert Watland, State Liaison