What We Do
The government relations team monitors legislation that has a potential impact upon the university, responds to constituent inquiries and collaborates with other UH campuses and the community to build support for the university.
At the conclusion of each regular legislative session, the Government Relations office produces a legislative summary of pertinent information passed out of the legislature each session.
Contact us for assistance on proclamations and/or special messages from Hawaiʻi elected officials.
- Hawaiʻi State Legislature website
- Elected Officials Who Are UH Alumni (PDF)
- State Capitol Parking (PDF)
- Hawaiʻi and U.S. Federal Government Information
- UH Administrative Rules
- UH Office of Project Delivery
- UH Office of Budget and Finance
- Legislative Coordinators (login required)
- Progress of UH CIP Budget (posted on May 2, 2017)
- May 8, 2017— 2017 legislative recap by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- April 27, 2017—State leaders fulfill Hawaiʻi’s Promise
- April 11, 2017—2017 legislative budget update by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
- October 31, 2016—Budget request submitted to regents by Vice President for Budget and Finance Kalbert Young
Leadership and Staff
- Laura Chun, Government Relations Specialist
- Robert Watland, State Liaison