What We Do
The government relations team monitors legislation that has a potential impact upon the university, responds to constituent inquiries and collaborates with other UH campuses and the community to build support for the university.
At the conclusion of each regular legislative session, the Government Relations Office produces a legislative summary of pertinent information passed out of the legislature each session.
Contact us for assistance on proclamations and/or special messages from Hawaiʻi elected officials.
Federal Emergency Relief Funds
UH has provided information regarding the use of the Federal Emergency Relief Funds.
- May 31, 2023— 2023 legislative recap: UH receives less funding than requested
- April 17, 2023— Legislative update: Senate budget does not include UH priorities
- March 21, 2023— Legislative session update, UH budget, Hawaiʻi Promise request advance
- December 20, 2022— Breakdown of UH budget proposed by governor for the 2023 Legislative Session
- May 24, 2022— 2022 legislative recap: Key takeaways, budget breakdown
- April 19, 2022— Legislative update: Senate budget includes UH request and much more
- March 18, 2022— Update on 2022 legislative session, UH budget request
- December 20, 2021— UH budget looks forward, seeks restoration as Legislative session nears
Leadership and Staff
- Laura Chun, Government Relations Specialist
- Robert Watland, State Liaison