2015 University of Hawaii -
Aloha United Way
From its inception in 2006, the University of Hawaii-Oahu Campuses Softball Tournament benefitting the Aloha United Way has developed into a tradition that sparks camaraderie and friendly competition among the University of Hawaii's Oahu campuses and administrative offices. Team entry fees and other donations raised during the softball tournament go towards the University's Aloha United Way (AUW) campaign.
In support of the 2015 AUW Oahu Campaign, UH once again will hold the tournament at Les Murakami Stadium. Teams from each Oahu campus and the UH system administration will compete in a double-elimination tournament for bragging rights and to support the bettering of lives within our community.
AUW Participation Challenge
To make this friendly competition even more exciting, the Oahu campuses and UH System offices will hold a participation challenge that will positively impact three teams during the softball tournament. See the Tournament Rules for more details.
A final tally of participation for this challenge will be taken on Wednesday, October 7, 2015.
As of October 2, Leeward Community College has the highest percentage of pledges, followed by UH System and Honolulu Community College. It's not too late for you to make a donation to the Aloha United Way to help your campus come out on top of the participation challenge!
The Ninth University of Hawaii - Oahu Campuses
Friday, October 9, 2015
5:00 to 10 p.m.
Les Murakami Stadium
See you at the game!
Important Information for Players:
- Tournament Rules
- All players must complete and submit a liability waiver form (revised).
- Tournament Schedule Team placement dependent on results of Participation Challenge.
What Players and Fans Need to Know:
- Parking will be available for free in the lower campus parking structure for the tournament. Please download and print out the event parking pass and place it on your dashboard for your added convenience. (Please print on yellow paper) Carpooling is encouraged as parking may be limited due to another UH Manoa event happening at the same time.
- Concession stands in Les Murakami Stadium will be open for business. No outside food or beverages will be allowed in the stadium. Teams are allowed to bring in coolers/bottled water for players.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed in the Stadium or adjacent parking lots.
- Daniel Friedman, Co-chair (Manoa): 956-3469 or email email@example.com
- Stephanie Kim, Co-chair (System): 956-4250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Perreira, Co-chair (West Oahu): 689-2688 or email email@example.com
- Leila Shimokawa, Co-chair (West Oahu): 689-2603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ron Umehira, Co-chair (Community Colleges): Ph. 455-0321 or email email@example.com
The University of Hawaii is proud to continue its support of AUW through a tradition of generous contributions from faculty and staff that enable AUW to continue its partnership with numerous non-profit organizations. The University aims to raise $335,000 for the 2015 campaign, making an important investment in our community to make it safer, healthier and more productive for families throughout our neighborhoods.
Instructions on how UH faculty and staff can make a monetary contribution to the Aloha United Way are available here.
Please check back for updates.
2014 - UH Manoa
2013 - UH Manoa
2011 - UH Manoa
2010 - UH System
2009 - UH Manoa
2008 - UH System
2007 - UH System
2006 - Honolulu Community College