I am honored to have been invited by Senator Daniel Inouye to serve as a member of the 2011 APEC Hawaii Host Committee.
This committee will be responsible for coordinating community preparedness for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperative Leaders Meeting, which is tentatively scheduled for November 2011 at the Hawaii Convention Center.
It is considered one of the biggest and most important international events to ever be held in Hawaii, and it will provide us with an incredible opportunity to showcase the international standing and expertise of our university on a global stage.
There will be many opportunities for our faculty, students and staff to be engaged in APEC related activities.
Campus news from my April report
- Business Students Shine in Asia Competition
- Hilo’s Mauna Kea Stewardship Plan
- Honolulu Community College 90th Anniversary
- Kapiolani Service Program Honored
- Kauai Campus Generates Power
- Leeward and Kapiolani Nursing Partnership
- Manoa Sponsors Molokai Math Day
- Marketing Awards for Leeward and Windward
- Medical Students’ Match Day
- West Oahu Math Field Study
UH Community Colleges
At the opening of the new nursing facilities
Leeward and Kapiolani Nursing Partnership
A partnership between Leeward and Kapiolani Community Colleges to deliver the associates degree in nursing to students residing in the Leeward area, came to fruition with the recent blessing and open house of the new Health Sciences Complex at the Leeward campus.
The first cohort of 20 students began their nursing course work in January in alternative classroom space between the two campuses, and now are able to enjoy their new classrooms and laboratories in the Health Sciences Complex.