I am honored to have been invited by Senator Daniel Inouye to serve as a member of the 2011 APEC Hawaii Host Committee.
This committee will be responsible for coordinating community preparedness for the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperative Leaders Meeting, which is tentatively scheduled for November 2011 at the Hawaii Convention Center.
It is considered one of the biggest and most important international events to ever be held in Hawaii, and it will provide us with an incredible opportunity to showcase the international standing and expertise of our university on a global stage.
There will be many opportunities for our faculty, students and staff to be engaged in APEC related activities.
Campus news from my April report
- Business Students Shine in Asia Competition
- Hilo’s Mauna Kea Stewardship Plan
- Honolulu Community College 90th Anniversary
- Kapiolani Service Program Honored
- Kauai Campus Generates Power
- Leeward and Kapiolani Nursing Partnership
- Manoa Sponsors Molokai Math Day
- Marketing Awards for Leeward and Windward
- Medical Students’ Match Day
- West Oahu Math Field Study
UH Community Colleges
Marketing Awards for Leeward and Windward
The UH Community Colleges were recently honored with three national awards from the National Council of Marketing and Public Relations.
The prestigious Paragon Awards recognize outstanding achievement in communications at community and technical colleges.
Leeward Community College placed second in the nation, winning the Paragon Silver Award in the Student Handbook Category, and Windward Community College brought home two awards including a Gold Award for Postcard Series and a Silver Award for Computer Generated Illustration.