Major Content Areas
- Strategic considerations in meeting academic, student, & statewide goals.
- Campus missions; benefits of a high-performing system.
- Higher education trends & the impact of highly competitive, rapidly changing environments, locally, nationally, and globally; distinctiveness of Hawai’i’s multicultural environment.
- Stakeholders’ interests, their evolving expectations, tensions and positive opportunities, and how UH leaders can make a difference.
- Process and culture of shared governance and avenues for participation.
- Benchmarks of a model indigenous-serving institution.
- Academic and nonacademic career paths.
- Strategies and tools for effective leadership.
- Collegial networks for professional support, energy, and trust.