UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- Executive Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Procedures (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived AP
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Administrative Procedure 8.873 Administrative Procedure 8.873
Payroll Processing Cycle Deadlines
Administrative Procedure Chapter 8, Business and Finance
Administrative Procedure AP 8.873, Payroll Processing Cycle Deadlines
Effective Date: April 2016
Prior Dates Amended: July 1996, February 2005
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
Governing Board and/or Executive Policy: EP 1.102, Authority to Manage and Control the Operations of the Campus
Review Date: April 2019
To establish deadlines for submitting payroll documents to the Payroll Office. The deadlines or cut-off dates are needed to provide the Payroll Office with sufficient time to process payroll documents to generate paychecks on a timely basis.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Administrative Procedure
1. Fiscal Administrators and Program Managers (Approving Authority) who approve payroll type transactions are responsible for compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, rules, regulations, University policies and procedures, and timely processing of documents for payments to employees.
B. General Procedures
1. The Payroll Office distributes a schedule titled "Due Dates of Documents Into Payroll Office for Calendar Year 2 0 XX " at the end of each calendar year for the upcoming calendar year. A sample of this schedule is attached (Attachments 1-4). This schedule must be strictly followed to ensure timely payments to University employees.
2. This instruction applies to all University programs and departments initiating payroll type actions that will be processed through the Payroll Office.
3. This instruction specifies only the deadlines established or followed by the Payroll Office. The University Office of Human Resources and individual campus administrative deadlines for payroll are determined by those respective offices or agencies.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no administrative specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Payroll Office, 956-7444, or firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
Attachment 1: Lag Payroll
Attachment 2: After-the-Fact Payroll
Attachment 3: Student Timesheets (SECE) Payroll
Attachment 4: Casual and Overload (TAPS) Payroll
Vice President for Budget and Finance/Chief Financial Officer
April 04, 2016
TopicsNo Topics found.