UH System Policies and Procedures
- Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived EP
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Executive Policy 10.202 Executive Policy 10.202
Executive Policy EP 10.202
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Stan Sheriff Center Use Policy
Executive Policy Chapter 10, Land and Physical Facilities
Executive Policy Section: EP 10.202, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Stan Sheriff
Center Use Policy
Effective Date: August 2014
Prior Dates Amended: November 2012
Responsible Office: Office of the Vice President for Administration
Governing Board of Regents Policy: RP 10.300, Use of University Owned Facilities
Review Date: August 2019
To establish the conditions governing the use of the Stan Sheriff Center on the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa campus by University and University affiliated organizations.
No policy-specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Executive Policy
This policy governs the use of the Stan Sheriff Center on the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa campus by University and University affiliated organizations. Organizations without University affiliation may use the Center in accordance with the University’s Policy on the Use of University-Owned Facilities and Executive Policy E10.201. Any proposed use of the Stan Sheriff Center by an organization without University affiliation shall require the prior written approval of the Chancellor. This policy pertains only to the arena itself and the hospitality suite. The use of office space, weight rooms, locker facilities and classrooms shall be governed by existing University policies.
B. PRIORITY OF USE
1. Priority for assignment and use of the arena and/or hospitality suite shall be as follows:
a. University of Hawaiʻi Commencement ceremonies. In the event of scheduling conflicts between such ceremonies, priority shall be given to the ceremony with the larger graduating class.
b. University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa men’s and women’s intercollegiate volleyball and basketball games, practices and related activities.
c. University of Hawaiʻi functions and activities approved by the President of the University of Hawaiʻi.
d. Functions and activities of Board of Regents’ Chartered Organizations, e.g., Associated Students of the University of Hawaiʻi (ASUH), Faculty Senate, which are appropriate for the Center.
e. Fund raising activities of University affiliated organizations which solely benefit the University, e.g., University of Hawaiʻi Foundation, University of Hawaiʻi Alumni Association, Koa Anuenue.
f. Functions and activities of University affiliated organizations which are appropriate for the Center.
2. Functions and activities not having sufficient attendance to warrant use of the arena shall not be accommodated.
C. CONDITIONS OF USE
1. Use of the arena shall be confined to the concourse, rest rooms, seating area, arena floor, hospitality suite and other areas as may be required and approved by the Center Manager.
2. In addition to a use fee, unbudgeted and direct costs incurred by the Center Management, e.g., cost of outside security, may be charged to the using program.
3. The Center Manager may deny any request for use of the arena which poses undue risk of damage to the facilities or furnishings, or injury to the audience. The Center Manager may also require University affiliated organizations using the arena to maintain appropriate levels of liability insurance naming the University and State as additional insureds.
4. Events at the arena shall be scheduled between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Sunday through Thursday, and from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m., Friday through Saturday. No major event shall be held between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. Exceptions to this schedule may be approved by the Center Manager upon a minimum of four weeks prior notice.
5. Users shall remit to the University the full amount of the flat rate use fee prior to the event. If the facilities use agreement includes a flat rate use fee plus a percentage of sales for the event, the full amount of the flat rate use fee shall be paid to the University prior to the event. The percentage of sales shall be paid to the University within THIRTY (30) consecutive calendar days following the event.
1. Reservations shall be made upon application to the Center Manager.
2. Reservations for approved uses will be accepted on a first come, first served basis following the scheduling of functions and activities under items II.A.1, II.A.2 and II.A.3 above.
3. Reservations for functions and events in priority categories II.A.1, II.A.2 and II.A.3 may be made up to a year in advance and must be made by the first day of classes of each semester and the summer session in order to exercise their priority. Requests received after the first day of classes of the respective semesters and summer session will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
4. Requests for all other uses will be confirmed after the first day of classes of the respective semesters and summer session.
5. The President of the University of Hawaiʻi shall have the authority to preempt a previously scheduled function when it is determined to be in the best interest of the University.
The President of the University of Hawaiʻi shall have final authority over all matters of interpretation or application arising under this policy.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Subject Matter Experts
Office of the Vice President for Administration
Telephone: (808) 956-6405
A. Link to superseded Executive Policies in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/ep/
B. Link to Administrative Procedures in old format https://www.hawaii.edu/policy/archives/apm/sysap.php
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.