UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 5.202 Board of Regents Policy 5.202
Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Regents Policy Chapter 5, Academic Affairs
Regents Policy RP 5.202, Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Effective Date: Oct. 18, 2002
Prior Dates Amended: Feb. 14, 1975; Nov. 16. 1984; Dec. 18, 1987; June 21, 1991; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy regarding establishing awards for Excellence in Teaching and the selection process.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. Awards may be made annually and shall consist of an appropriate cash sum plus a suitably engraved Board of Regents’ medal.
1. One award for excellence in teaching may be made on each campus, except at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa where up to six awards may be made annually for excellence in teaching.
2. No person may receive more than one award in teaching and one award in research in their period of service to the University of Hawai‘i.
3. Awards for teaching will be presented by the president in the name of the board at a convocation or faculty meeting.
B. Selection Process
1. Campuses shall develop procedures for the selection of teaching award recipients that provide for the input of faculty and students.
2. The chancellors shall forward their nominees to the president for endorsement and transmittal to the board.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.