UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 5.207 Board of Regents Policy 5.207
Regents Policy Chapter 5, Academic Affairs
Regents Policy RP 5.207, Graduate Programs
Effective Date: Mar. 14, 2003
Prior Dates Amended: May 12, 1977; Sept. 20, 1991; Oct. 18, 2002; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2018
To set forth policy regarding graduate programs.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. All graduate programs shall be established, terminated and reviewed in accordance with board policy.
B. The parameters within which graduate programs may be offered are as follows:
1. The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa will:
a. Remain the only public research university campus in the state.
b. Continue as the only university campus that offers the doctoral degree, degrees in law and medicine and a comprehensive array of doctoral, master’s and undergraduate degrees.
2. While undergraduate education will continue to be its major emphasis, the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo may be authorized to offer master’s and doctoral degrees in selected areas in which sufficient state need exist or in which the Island of Hawai‘i has a competitive advantage.
C. The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa and the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo shall each be authorized to have a graduate division.
1. The responsibilities of these divisions are specific to these campuses and include the evaluation of all graduate programs, the supervision of graduate admissions and records, and the establishment of standards, requirements, policies and procedures for the conduct of graduate programs and the offering of graduate courses and degrees.
2. The administration of the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa and the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo shall ensure the appropriate involvement in these matters of faculty, staff, and students.
D. Graduate theses and dissertations.
1. Graduate theses and dissertations are the property and responsibility of the author.
2. Copies deposited in the appropriate library are subject to the same freedom of access as other such documents and books.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.