UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- + 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 9.217 Board of Regents Policy 9.217
Waiver of Oath of Loyalty for Select Employees
Regents Policy Chapter 9, Personnel
Regents Policy RP 9.217, Waiver of Oath of Loyalty for Select Employees
Effective Date: July 24, 1987
Prior Dates Amended: Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2019
To set forth policy regarding the waiver of oath of loyalty for select employees.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. In accordance with applicable section(s) of Hawai‘i Revised Statutes, Section 85-34, as amended (SLH 1987), the board may waive the oath of loyalty for the following class of officers or employees of the university:
1. Aliens employed by the university, and
2. Casual and temporary employees and student helpers of the university whether on a monthly salary, hourly wage, or per diem basis.
B. The president is delegated the authority to waive the oath of loyalty in accordance with state statutes.
IV. Delegation of Authority
The president is delegated the authority to waive the oath of loyalty in accordance with state statutes. See RP 9.217(B).
V. Contact Information
Office of the Vice President for Administration, 956-6405, email@example.com
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.