UH System Policies and Procedures
Board of Regents Policies
- + 1. General Provisions
- - 2. Administration
- + 3. Organization
- + 4. Planning
- + 5. Academic Affairs
- + 6. Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Fees
- + 7. Student Affairs
- + 8. Business and Finance
- + 9. Personnel
- + 10. Land and Physical Facilities
- + 11. Miscellaneous
- + 12. Research
- Abolished Policies (Post Oct. 2014)
- Archived RP
- Executive Policies
- Administrative Procedures
UH‐Related Laws and Rules
- Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes (HRS) 304A
- Hawaiʻi Administrative Rules (HAR) Title 20
Board of Regents Policy 2.201 Board of Regents Policy 2.201
Officers of the University of Hawai‘i
Regents Policy Chapter 2, Administration
Regents Policy RP 2.201, Officers of the University of Hawai‘i
Effective Date: November 20, 2014
Prior Dates Amended: Jan. 13, 1966; Oct. 20, 1978; Nov. 15, 1985; Mar. 21, 1986; Sept. 21, 1990; Sept. 17, 1993; May 16, 1997; July 18, 1997; Oct. 18, 2002; Sept. 19, 2008; Oct. 31, 2014 (recodified)
Review Date: August 2017
To set forth policy regarding the officers of the University of Hawai‘i, acting president, and other officers.
No policy specific or unique definitions apply.
III. Board of Regents Policy
A. Officers shall include the following:
1. President, University of Hawai‘i,
2. Executive administrator and secretary of the Board of Regents,
3. Chancellor, University of Hawai‘i, Mānoa,
4. Chancellor, University of Hawai‘i, Hilo,
5. Chancellor, University of Hawai‘i, West Oahu,
6. Vice president for academic affairs,
7. Vice president for administration,
8. Vice president for community colleges,
9. Vice president for legal affairs and university general counsel,
10. Vice president for budget and finance/chief financial officer,
11. Vice president for research,
12. Vice president for information technology/chief information officer.
B. Acting president
1. The vice president shall designate a vice president or any other appropriate individual as the acting president when the president is out-of-state, incapacitated or otherwise unable to discharge the prescribed duties of the office.
C. Other officers. The board may appoint other officers and prescribe their duties.
IV. Delegation of Authority
There is no policy specific delegation of authority.
V. Contact Information
Office of the Board of Regents, 956-8213, firstname.lastname@example.org
VII. Exhibits and Appendices
No Exhibits and Appendices found
Executive Administrator and Secretary of the Board of Regents
Approved as to Form:
October 31, 2014
TopicsNo Topics found.