MyUH Portal Project
What is the MyUH Portal?
The MyUH Portal is a web site designed
to provide the University of Hawai'i (UH) community with secure,
personalized access to UH Services and Information such as registration
and enrollment. MyUH encompasses a new suite of services including
calendaring, email, and new course tools, to name a few.
Online help and instructions are
available within the portal. Additional User Documents may be viewed
from the links at the end of this page.
The MyUH Portal is a work in progress. WebCT classes are
newly integrated with the Spring 2004 term. Other new features and
content are in development. News and events specific to your campus
and other group collaboration features are planned for the future.
Expect more services as the MyUH portal continues to expand and
The MyUH Portal (http://myuhportal.hawaii.edu)
was first released on Sept. 22, 2003. At that time the original
MyUH Online services (http://myuh.hawaii.edu)
which was also known as "Web for Students" or "Web
for Faculty" was redirected to this site. After logging on,
click on "Academic Services" to get to the same MyUH Online
Benefits of the MyUH Portal
Some of the benefits are:
- One login to access on-line UH resources, services, and functions
students, faculty, and staff.
At the MyUH Portal, students will be able to access email sent
to their hawaii.edu accounts. Students should check for messages
to this account regularly and frequently as UH Offices and faculty
will be sending important messages and announcements to students
via the hawaii.edu address.
- Enhanced academic support for both faculty and students
- course collaboration with calendar, message board, chat,
- dynamic updates triggered by Banner events such as academic
- Improved accessibility to online services
- a browser, access to the internet, and a UH Username are
all that are required
- one web address provides access to all major services
Note: administrative applications to be added as they become
available via web.
- Enhanced features for UH community
- Personal calendar available
- Targeted announcements sent by University administrators
- Customizable preferences
Requirements to use the MyUH Portal
- UH Username
Your UH Username is required
for signing onto the portal. For more information, please see
To request a new account or manage your current one, see
- Web Browser with Internet Access
- Recommended browsers
- Internet Explorer 6 (Windows), 5.2 (Mac OS X), 5.1 (Mac
- Netscape Communicator 6.23 (Windows, Mac OS)
- Please refer to Browsers
web page for more detailed information of issues.
Please note that the MyUH Portal is still undergoing changes in
layout. Screen captures in the documentation might not be exactly
as the current deployed product.
- Getting Started with the MyUH Portal (html)
- Getting Started with the MyUH Email (pdf)
- Getting Started with the MyUH Calendar (pdf)
- Synching a Palm with MyUH Calendar (pdf)
- Getting Started with My Courses
- Getting Started with My Groups