Kim Chee (5)
Makes 5 cups
5 cups cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
6 Tbs salt
2 Tbs sugar
1 tsp -
2 Tbs crushed red pepper flakes (according to taste)
1/4 tsp fresh ginger root, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large colander, mix cabbage with 5 Tbs salt. Let sit for 3
- Rinse cabbage thoroughly 2 or 3 times. Gently squeeze out excess
liquid with your hands.
- Place the drained cabbage in a large glass bowl. Add the
remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cover cabbage mixture tightly with plastic wrap and let sit at
room temperature for 1 or 2 days.
- Chill Kim Chee before serving.
Back to the recipe menu