CURRENT CAMPUS/COMMUNITY SAFETY NOTICES
See the video below to learn more!
(To view this video with closed captioning, open the video in YouTube, and click the "cc" icon at the bottom of the video player)
If you have questions regarding Manoa Guardian, see our Frequently Asked Questions page!
The moped is described as a White SYM DD-50, license Z15448.
If you see suspicious activity, especially in parking areas, or if you have any information regarding any of our moped thefts, please call the UHM Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (808) 956-6911 or the Honolulu Police Department at 911.
- Lock your moped, even if leaving it unattended for just a few minutes.
- Whenever possible, secure your moped to a rack or other immovable object (provided you are still in a legal parking area).
- To avoid a citation or tow on campus, park in a designated moped parking area.
- Use multiple solid steel U-Locks or a combination of a U-Lock with a cable or chain lock.
- Remove unsecured items or personal belongings from your moped before leaving.
- Don't lock your scooter in the same location all the time -- thieves notice patterns.
- Be sure that your lock or chain cannot be lifted over the seat or the handlebar area when locked.
- If you see something suspicious, call DPS at (808) 956-6911.