|ADEP - ALCOHOL OVERDOSE / POISONING
Someone you know may experience alcohol overdose (alcohol poisoning). Alcohol overdose results from drinking too much alcohol too quickly. The amount can vary based on the person's gender, body weight, amount of food eaten, other legal or illegal drugs taken at the same time, and other factors ... so one person may be OK and another seriously ill after consuming the same amount of alcohol.
Alcohol is a depressant; it slows down the body's functions, including respiration, heart rate, and brain activity. An overdose can lead to coma or death. This is potentially life-threatening; please check the following symptoms to determine whether you need to call someone for help.
If the person has any of the following symptoms, their life might be in danger!
If you observe one or more of the above symptoms, or if you believe the person's health is in danger, call ext. 6-6911 (on campus), or 911 immediately!
Do not worry about making a mistake or getting the person in trouble. If you think his/her health may be at risk, call ext. 6-6911 (on campus), or 911 and let the professionals evaluate the situation. You might save someone's life!