| Appointments | Eligibility | Immunizations | Medical Records | Service Fees |
SERVICE FEES FOR STUDENTS WITH INSURANCE
Service Fees For Students With Insurance
Service Fees For Students Without Insurance
The University Health Services Manoa/Leeward Community College Student Health Center operates in large part on a fee-for-service basis and submits insurance claims for medical services. If you have health insurance, you may expect the following:
- No co-payment will be collected at the time of your medical visit. Claims will be submitted to your insurance plan for clinical visits, procedures, and laboratory tests. If the services are covered and reimbursement is consistent with our fee schedule, you will receive no additional billing from UHSM/Leeward Community College Student Health Center.
- If your insurance plan does not reimburse the UHSM/Leeward Community College Student Health Center for services rendered, you will be billed at the non-insured students’ rate; or if the insurance reimbursement is less than the charge for non-insured students for the same service, you will be billed the difference. If your insurance plan has a deductible, you will also be charged at the non-insured students’ rate for visits, procedures, and lab tests until the deductible amount has been met.
- The UHSM/Leeward Community College Student Health Center does not submit claims to HMO plans, some PPO plans, or international or travelers’ plans.
- The UHSM/Leeward Community College Student Health Center is not a participating provider, and does not submit insurance claims to Medicare, Medicaid/QUEST, Tricare, Worker’s Comp, or No Fault plans.
- Physical exams and family planning services are charged a separate fee unless your insurance policy specifically covers these services.
- You will be responsible for the cost of medications and supplies. The Leeward Community College Student Health Center provides prescription and over-the-counter medications at reasonable rates, but does not submit claims to drug insurance plans.
- Please note that your insurance plan may send an "Explanation of Benefits" statement to the subscriber. This is not a bill.
- A hold will be placed on your academic records for any outstanding balance of more that 15 days after the billing statement date.
SERVICE FEES FOR STUDENTS WITHOUT INSURANCE
If you do not have insurance coverage, you may expect the following:
- You will be expected to pay a visit fee.
- First visit as a new patient: $23 - $28
- Subsequent visits: $12 - $20, depending on type and complexity of visit
- You will be charged on a discounted scale for procedures and lab tests.
- Family planning services and physical exams have separate fee schedules from the general medical clinic visit fees.
Payments are expected at the time of service, to be paid at the Leeward Community College Cashier’s Office. Statements for balances due will be sent from the Manoa office.
A financial "hold" will be placed on your academic records for outstanding balances over 30 days.
Last Updated: 08.30.2017