- Patients shall be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Patients shall be provided appropriate privacy.
- Patients may request communication of health information in a manner that best insures confidentiality.
- Patient disclosures and records are treated confidentially, and except when required by law, patients are given the opportunity to approve or refuse release of their record. Patients may request restrictions on the uses or disclosures of their information, and request an accounting of disclosures of their information.
- Patients may revoke authorization to use or disclose health information.
- Patients may amend (add to or append information) their health record.
- Patients will be provided, to the degree known, complete information concerning their diagnosis, treatment and prognosis. When it is medically inadvisable to give such information to a patient, the information will be provided to a person designated by the patient or to a legally authorized person.
- Patients shall be informed of the service fees.
- Patients have the right to refuse to participate in experimental research.
- Patients are provided means for expressing concerns and suggestions to the University Health Services Manoa.
- Patients have the right to change primary or specialty physicians.
- Patients have the right to learn the licensing status of the staff and the accreditation status of the University Health Services Manoa.
- Patients shall be informed of any changes in their rights or responsibilities.
Last Updated: 03.05.2010