|SERVICE FEES FOR STUDENTS W/OUT INSURANCE
The University Health Services Manoa operates in large part on a fee-for-service basis. Claims are submitted to insurance plans for reimbursement for those with insurance coverage. If you do not have insurance coverage, you may expect the following:
- You will be expected to pay a visit fee.
- First visit as a new patient: $23 - $28
- Subsequent visits: $12 - $20, depending on type and complexity of visit
- You will be charged on a discounted scale for procedures and lab tests.
- Visits to the Specialty Clinics - Sports Medicine and Dermatology will be charged the same as other medical visits. Visits to the Psychiatrist are from $15 - $30.
- Family planning services and physical exams have separate fee schedules from the general medical clinic visit fees. Call Specialty Clinics at 956-6221 for more information.
- You will be responsible for the cost of medications and supplies. The UHSM Pharmacy provides prescription and over-the-counter medications at reasonable cost.
- Payments are expected at the time of service. A hold will be placed for any unpaid balances.
We strongly encourage you to subscribe to a health insurance plan. You may at any time need medical care beyond what could be provided at the University Health Services. Please ask our staff about available UH endorsed student plans.
Last Updated: 05.24.2010