|STUDENT HEALTH FEES, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who pays the health fee?
All students enrolled at UH Manoa (regular semester and summer sessions) pay the student health fee.
What is the current health fee?
|Fall Term 2012
|Spring Term 2013
|Summer Session 2013 (each session)
How is the health fee collected?
The health fee is collected by the Manoa Cashier’s Office as part of the tuition and fees.
What activities/services does the current health fee support?
The student health fee supports the over-all operational costs of the University Health Services Manoa (UHSM). The services include:
- General medical clinics for illness and injuries, and specialty clinics in Women’s Health, Sports Medicine, Travel, Dermatology, Nutritional Counseling, and Psychiatric services.
- Pharmacy for prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Clinical laboratory for diagnostic tests.
- Public health functions such as TB and immunization clearance, flu and other preventive vaccines, treatment and infection control of contagious diseases on campus, and other health and safety functions.
- Campus-wide health promotion and wellness programs, alcohol and other drug education.
- Academic support such as teaching and research functions, as well as training opportunities for students. UHSM serves as a resource center for students’ academic projects and training placements.
Information current as of 11.13.2012