InCommon Certificate Program
Information Technology Services (ITS) has set up a contract with InCommon, LLC to participate in the InCommon Certificate Program for the University of Hawaii (UH) System. Any UH Department in need of an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate using the hawaii.edu domain name may participate in this program. Comodo is the designated certification authority for these licenses.
$95.00 SSL Certificate (1 Yr)
- The price listed above is for new or renewal certificates.
- Each certificate is valid for 365 days after the issue date. You may purchase up to a maximum of 3 years for each SSL certificate.
- 2048 bit SSL Certificates (info sheet)
- For WildCard or Multi-Domain Certificates, please contact the ITS Site License Administrator for pricing and information [(808) 956-5783 / firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Complete, print and sign the
InCommon Order Form
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Payment (please submit originals only):
- UH Interdepartmental Orders
- RCUH Purchase Orders
- UH Foundation PO/Requisition
Cash, credit cards and P-Cards are NOT accepted.
NOTE: Tax and shipping fees are NOT needed.
Please use the address below for the UH IDO or RCUH PO Vendor Address.
List the certificate information on your payment:
EXAMPLE: InCommon SSL Certificate
Server: yourserversoftware (Apache, IIS, etc.)
Issue Date: MM/DD/YYYY
Duration: # year(s)
- Drop off or send the completed
InCommon Order Form and Payment to the following address:
University of Hawaii - ITS
Attn: Site License Administrator
2520 Correa Rd., ITC 5th Floor
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96822
- After ITS receives your order and processes your payment, the Contact Person listed on the Info Sheet will receive an email message confirming your request.
- Generate your
Certificate Signing Request (CSR) using the following example:
State or Province:
University of Hawaii
Send the CSR to email@example.com.
- After ITS issues the SSL certificate, the Technical Contact
listed on the Info Sheet will receive an email from the 'Certificate
Services Manager'. This will provide the instructions to download
your SSL certificate.
Instructions to install the certificate can be found at Comodo Support.
For any technical issues and troubleshooting, please contact Comodo directly:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (24x7)
- Web/Knowledge Base*: https://support.comodo.com/ (24x7)
- Phone: (888) 266-6361 / (703) 581-6361 (5:00AM–8:00PM EST, Mon-Fri)
Thawte SPKI Program
If you are currently using a Thawte SSL Cerificate and would like to switch to InCommon, please follow the ordering instructions above to purchase a new SSL Certificate. This should be issued 1-2 weeks prior to your current expiration date to ensure that there is no lapse in coverage.
If you prefer to renew with Thawte, please visit the Thawte Certificate Program page for more information. Please note that ITS intends to relinquish this program back to Thawte Retail by July 1, 2014.
If there are any questions regarding this program, please call the ITS Site License Office at (808) 956-5783 or send email to email@example.com.